LE COUVENT DES CORDELIERS
Rue Nationale
32700 Lectoure
+33 (0)5 62 64 00 00
contact@ogtl.fr

The Cordelier monks were the first Order to be present in the city centre.

They settle in Lectoure between 1282 and 1289.

The monastic goods were removed and sold during the French Revolution.

The construction of the church porch ended in the 14th and 15th century, but in the 19th century the church was turned into a prison and suffered many damages.

A great arch decorates the façade, but the initial grand entrance becomes a rigid and coarse prison door. Rest assured there is no longer a prison in Lectoure.

X
X
X
X